Born and raised in Fuquay-Varina, Charlie Adcock has developed an innate connection with the town's values and vision for the future.
Charlie's professional journey as a Branch Manager/Business Banker at FNB Bank in our downtown area not only underscores his proficiency in financial matters but also serves as a testament to his commitment to the town's economic well-being. With extensive experience in the financial sector, he possesses a comprehensive understanding of the multifaceted needs of both businesses and residents.
Beyond his professional achievements, Charlie has played a pivotal role in shaping our community's development. Serving as the Chairman of the Fuquay-Varina Planning Board from 2001 to 2007 and subsequently as a Town Commissioner/Mayor Pro-Tem from 2007 to 2018, he has demonstrated unwavering dedication to effective governance and community advancement.
In recognition of his exceptional contributions, Charlie was presented with the "Key to the City" in 2019 – an honor that reflects his remarkable commitment to the growth and well-being of Fuquay-Varina.
Charlie's commitment to family values is equally commendable. He serves as a loving husband to Shannon, a dedicated public school teacher, and is the proud father of Vivian, James, and Graham. His personal values strongly resonate with his professional dedication to creating a secure and prosperous environment for all residents.
Charlie's active participation extends to various community organizations, including Anthem Christian Church, the Fuquay-Varina Chamber of Commerce, the Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club, and the Downtown Association. His holistic engagement underscores his commitment to fostering a vibrant and cohesive local community.
With a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and a Master of Business Administration, both earned from East Carolina University, Charlie's academic credentials mirror his commitment to lifelong learning and growth. His academic journey is complemented by a certificate in Development and Environmental Planning, highlighting his multifaceted approach to community enhancement.
· We must be aggressive in developing our infrastructure: Our roads, water system and sewer system must be expanded and improved at a faster pace. I will work with town staff as well as State and Federal leaders to allocate time and resources to these necessities for our town.
· I strongly support the Fuquay-Varina Police Department. I recognize their sacrifices to our community and will expect them to maintain our town’s status as one of the safest communities in North Carolina.
· In addition to our police, I will work hard to support all town employees and in turn I will expect them to work hard to support our citizens. Both our town employees and our elected officials must be focused on the continual improvement of our town.
· I will focus on prudent fiscal management with the goal of maintaining our AAA bond rating. I recognize that property taxes in Wake County continue to rise and that we must be very careful not to overburden our citizens with undue tax increases.
· As our town grows rapidly, we must consider all stakeholders in our short and long-term planning. I will make planning decisions with a focus on achieving long-term economic success of our entire community.
· I support our many religious organizations and appreciate their contributions to our town. I will look for ways for our town to work well and proactively with these groups, especially when they are investing in new and/or upgraded facilities.
· Our Parks and Recreation department offers many quality-of-life amenities for all our citizens and especially our children. I believe with better partnerships with existing landowners, the town should build more Greenways and bike friendly trails around town. I understand our residents expect a first-class park system and we should continue to invest wisely.
· I support and will encourage the continued revitalization of our historic downtown. By the town updating ordinances 10+ years ago, craft breweries were allowed to do business and they have contributed to a major economic revitalization of our commercial districts. We must continue to be innovative to encourage and allow small business to thrive.
· I will push for the revitalization of our oldest residential communities. The goal should be for these older neighborhoods to have all the amenities as our newer communities. Sidewalks, neighborhood parks, water and sewer infrastructure should be a focus in these older areas.
· As a native, I have a very strong appreciation of our town’s history. I believe our history adds character to our town, and I will work to promote our two downtown districts and the unique history that has allowed them to thrive.
· I will make decisions and analyze expenditures using the lens of economic development. I will judge our town’s efforts by the results we receive. We must continually be reevaluating our strategic goals to make sure we are staying ahead of our fast-changing economy.
· We should strive to keep politics out of local government as much as possible. Local government should be focused on providing services to its citizens, not on divisive cultural issues that are best addressed at the state and/or federal level.
Paid for by Citizens to Elect Charlie Adcock
114 E Spring St, Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526